Top Features of the 2021 Ram 1500
The 2021 Ram 1500 is here with the same promise of unparalleled ruggedness and capability as always. If you’re looking for a full-size truck that can take on your tough jobs and weekend warrior adventures, the new 2021 Ram 1500 is ready for you.
What’s New With the 2021 Model?
The 2021 Ram 1500 carries over much of the same style from the 2019 generational redesign. However, this year’s Ram 1500 has some new tricks up its sleeve:
- The TRX Trim: Though you’ll find plenty of off-road-ready features on the Rebel, the TRX takes things up a few notches. There is rarely an off-road adventure this brand-new Ram 1500 trim level is afraid of.
- Head-up Display: This feature projects driving information onto the windshield so you can stay informed while keeping your eyes on the road.
- Trailer Reverse Steering Control: Drivers who get anxious when they have to back up their trailer will love this new feature.
- Digital Rearview mirror: This rearview mirror uses a camera to give you an unobstructed view of the action behind your truck.
When shopping for the 2021 Ram 1500, you can find the perfect balance between features and budget by moving through its trim levels. Start with the Tradesman, or upgrade through the Big Horn, Laramie, Rebel, Limited Longhorn, Limited, and TRX to find a truck that fits your lifestyle.
The 2021 Ram 1500 has access to one of four engines:
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V6: 305 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque
- 5.7-liter HEMI V8: 395 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque
- 3.0-liter turbocharged EcoDiesel V6: 260 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque
- 6.2-liter HEMI V8: 702 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, standard on the TRX
Exterior Features and Configurations
Depending on the trim level you choose, you’ll get the choice between a crew cab or a quad cab and a 5-foot-7-inch or 6-foot-4-inch box. Whichever you choose, you’ll end up with a truck that boasts the same high level of confidence as always. From the chromed grille to muscled fender flares, the new Ram 1500 makes any driveway look good.
One of the biggest draws to the Ram 1500 is its ever-useful truck bed. Choose a model equipped with the famous multifunction 60/40-split tailgate that swings to the sides for easier access to the bed or lowers down like a traditional tailgate. The available RamBox lockable in-bed storage compartments let you stash everything from ice and drinks to smaller tools. Available power running boards, LED headlamps, a power-release tailgate – the 2021 Ram 1500’s list of impressive exterior features goes on.
Towing and Payload
Properly equipped, the 2021 Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. The new Ram pickup also gives you access to some of the latest and greatest towing technology to make you hauling jobs easier. These features include the trailer tire pressure monitoring system, the trailer light check, trailer-tow power-fold mirrors, and several stability-boosting systems. Thanks to the Ram 1500’s high-strength steel frame, it can also handle up to a 2,300-pound payload.
Inside the new Ram 1500, you’ll find seating for up to five passengers in 132 cubic feet of space. Treat your rear-row riders to the 45.1 inches of legroom and comfortable reclining rear seats. This year’s list of creature comforts includes ventilation and heating for both the front and rear rows. There are multiple upholstery options depending on which trim level you choose. If you need to pack more gear into your truck, stash what you need in the available in-floor storage compartment, the massive center console that can fit a 15-inch laptop, the dual glove compartments, and more.
The 2021 Ram 1500 is carrying over the massive 12-inch touch screen option from the previous year. This screen, as well as the Ram’s available 8.4-inch screen, is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, which allow you hands-free access to many of your favorite phone apps and features. The larger screen is also compatible with the premium navigation system, SiriusXM radio, a 4G Wi-Fi hot spot, and more.
Other technology upgrades include the 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, a customizable 7-inch digital driver information display, cabin noise-canceling technology, a wireless phone charger, and more. With tech features like these, the Ram 1500 is as smart as it is strong.
The 2021 Ram 1500 keeps you more prepared to react to potential dangers on the road with its extended list of advanced safety and security features. Opt for a model equipped with the blind-spot monitoring system with rear cross-path alert and trailer detection system to know when it’s safe to back up or change lanes on the highway, trailer and all. The Ram’s smart braking technology scans the road ahead for imminent collisions, automatically applying the truck’s brakes if you haven’t done so in time. The available parallel and perpendicular parking assists control the steering wheel to guide your truck.
How the 2021 Ram 1500 Compares
The ‘Big Three’ have divided pickup drivers for years, and each has developed a very loyal following. If you’re wondering how the 2021 Ram 1500 stacks up against the 2021 Ford F-150 and 2021 Chevrolet Silverado, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Power: If we’re looking at raw power, there is no competition with the introduction of the Ram 1500’s TRX model. If we’re looking at diesel power, the new Ram 1500’s diesel engine puts out more torque than either the Ford F-150 or the Silverado 1500.Â
- Luxury: The Ram 1500 prides itself on being the most luxurious truck in its class. With 100% leather seating options, best-in-class rear legroom, and plenty of clever storage compartments, it’s easy to see why the new Ram 1500 takes the luxury prize.
Test Drive the 2021 RAM 1500 in Springfield to Explore its Features
If you think that the 2021 Ram 1500 is the pickup that can suit your style and take on your tough jobs, come visit our team at Freedom Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Virden, Illinois. Whether you’re a repeat Ram 1500 fan or you’re thinking about switching over, the 2021 model year will not disappoint. Contact us online or call 217-965-3327 to schedule a RAM 1500 test drive