The 7 Best Event Venues Near Virden, IL
The Virden area offers a variety of event venues ranging from historical sites to recently constructed buildings. Choose from large and small sites in the area that offer a variety of services and amenities that are sure to meet your next event’s needs. Check out the seven top event venues near Virden.
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
Events with a background of replicas of the White House, Lincoln’s boyhood Indiana log cabin, and museum exhibits are sure to be memorable. The Museum Plaza at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum is available to host up to 300 guests. The 4,500-square-foot museum is located in downtown Springfield and offers a rotunda event space that includes access to exhibits in the Gateway entrance to the museum. Add-ons include museum admittance, theater presentations, and event enhancements. The museum offers indoor space for smaller events in the Lincoln Reception Room, Lincoln Atrium, and Reception Gallery.
State House Inn
Within walking distance to the Illinois state Capitol, the State House Inn features 5,500 square feet of flexible event space that can easily accommodate over 300 guests. Services include event planning assistance, five-star catering, and special room rates for guests. The site features clean lines and mid-century modern décor and artwork that celebrates the city’s history. The venue hosts indoor events and includes amenities guests can enjoy before and after the special event, like a fitness center and pet-friendly rooms.
Crowne Plaza Springfield
Able to accommodate from 20 to 1,500 guests, the Crowne Plaza Springfield has over 70,000 square feet of event space. A dedicated event and catering staff provide prompt proposals for events with your budget and needs in mind. The Crowne Plaza’s wedding offerings feature several classic and elegant table settings. The venue offers indoor and outdoor rooftop event space. Before and after special events, a lap pool, fitness center, and a rooftop sundeck offer recreation and relaxation.
Prairie View Reception Center
In Chatham, the Prairie View Reception Center has room to host events for up to 320 guests and offers on-site event management and a complimentary event planner consultation. Event hosts have their choice of professional caterers. They can rent the facility Friday through Sunday for weddings to host the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and Sunday brunch. Wedding ceremonies may also be conducted with special arrangements. The venue, located about a dozen miles south of Springfield, offers indoor event space.
Panther Creek Country Club
With the main dining area overlooking the 18th hole of the golf course, Panther Creek Country Club hosts special events indoors, under a covered patio, and in the open air. Banquet and event planning staff guide hosts through every step of the planning process. Panther Creek, located in Springfield, offers elegant and sophisticated events, specializing in fine details, creativity, and perfection in food and service.
Frank Lloyd Wright was commissioned in 1903 to remodel this 1868 Italianate mansion by heiress and social activist Lawrence Dana. Located in Springfield, the landmark was refurbished with an unlimited budget and has many original pieces of Wright furniture, glass doors and windows, and light fixtures. Owned by the state and operated by the Department of Natural Resources, the Dana-Thomas House hosts special events and offers public tours.
Route 66 Hotel and Conference Center
On the original historic Route 66, this venue has over 5,000 square feet of event space that includes a renovated ballroom and an extensive Route 66 memorabilia collection. The Route 66 Hotel and Conference Center can host small gatherings of under 25 up to large events with 300 guests in an elegant space featuring white linen-covered tables and chairs. The venue offers custom wedding packages to create dream weddings at affordable prices. This family-friendly and pet-friendly hotel features 108 rooms and six suites as well as a hotel lobby gaming room with slot machines and TVs for ages 18 plus that’s open 24 hours a day.
Planning your event
Planning special events can be a complicated process that may take well over a year, as many venues book far in advance. Choosing the perfect venue will be easier after taking some steps to develop your event plan, budget, and schedule beforehand. Keeping everything organized and documented will keep everyone involved on the same page. Consider the following steps for creating a successful event that meets your needs:
- Determine the number of guests, the layout of the ideal room for the event, and other details like food and drink service.
- Select a date, allowing plenty of time to find an available venue. Be mindful of holidays, school schedules, and the availability of key guests.
- Estimate costs for room rental, food and beverages, table linens, and other costs. Having an estimated budget for the event will make it easier to decide which venues meet your event’s needs.
- Create a budget and adjust the plan as needed to meet it. Every venue has options that can be added or removed to meet both budgetary requirements and your needs.
- Book a venue that best matches your event goals, focusing on the space and the overall budget.
- Develop an event master plan that addresses all aspects of the event, including:
- Management of the venue, logistics, and catering, including contracts, permits, and insurance.
- Activities and entertainment, including musicians, DJs, and other vendors.
- A method for mail and online registration for the event that allows you to select food options and the number of guests.
- Responsibilities of family, friends, and others who are organizing the event.
- A schedule to ensure significant steps in the process are completed on time and the final guest count is tabulated. Detailed timelines for the day of the event are also very helpful.
The Virden area has a diverse variety of venues to host your special events. Whether the event is small or large, or you’re seeking a unique or memorably elegant experience for your guests, one of the area’s venues will meet your needs. Guests of the event may also enjoy lodging on-site, amenities like a pool and fitness center, or close proximity to area attractions. If your favorite venue didn’t make our list, contact us at Freedom Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to let us know. We love hearing about our customer’s favorite spots in the Virden area.